Friday, April 1, 2011

Whispered Secrets

Everyone has secrets. 

Some of the secrets are small....... 

Some secrets are a little bigger.......

Some we share with others. Some we vow to take to the grave.

Today I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. 

You ready for it????....... Hope your sitting down............


January 1st of 2010 started out as a cloudy day.

If you recall Marine had asked me the night before to marry him. So the cloudy day was fine by me because I was on cloud 9.

As I dressed for the day I carefully removed the white sweater dress I had brought for just this occasion. That matched with black tights was a little more causal that I had planned on but that wasn't important.

I had forgotten my black ballet flats so I reluctantly I stepped into my black Steve Madden hooker heels.

I spent a little extra time fixing my hair unbeknown-est at the time that as soon as I stepped outside the gusty wind would ruin my extra effort.

I rummaged in my sparse makeup bag till I found the eyeliner pencil that only gets used for special occasions and carefully outlined my eyes. Still no pro but better than I had been months before.

Once I felt that my makeup was done I emerged from the bathroom to find Marine already dressed.

He looked so handsome in his khaki's and button up shirt.

"Is this ok?" He asked smoothing down his shirt.

"Perfect..... and me?" I did a small twirl tripping a little in my heels causing us both to laugh.

He catches me before I fall. "Beautiful as always."He says giving me light kiss.

I take my Grandma's diamond watch from my suitcase and carefully place it around my small wrist as the final touch.

Shortly after Marine, myself and Marine Friend leave the apartment and head to Wal-Mart to grab a few necessities.

Then I pull out the directions to where we are headed.

We all talk and laugh as pull up to a house that is nothing of what we expected.

"This is it?" Marine asks.

Hahahahaha "How did you find this place?" Marine friend laughs from the backseat.

"Wow." I say speechless looking around.... "Not quite what it looked like online."

"Sure you want to do this?" Marine asks.

I smile, "Of course! You?"

"Yes." He smiles back then adds, "yeah I really know you love you."

We had an appointment so as we walked through the door the man inside was expecting us.

Marine Friend starts snorting as he holds in laughter behind me.

My jaw drops and my eyes meet Marine.

This may be the tackiest thing I've ever seen.

We can't do this in here.

Marine and I are holding hands and I lean closer and whisper in his ear as the man turns his back to us. "Ask if we can do it outside.... please." I plead with my eyes.

"So could we use the gazebo outside?" Marine asks.

"Outside?" The man looks puzzled. "Sure I guess so. Whatever you want. I wasn't prepared for that though so it's not decorated......... I can't do music out there."

"Thats ok," I smile sweetly.

We head outside into the cool air.

The man leads us to the gazebo and Marine Friend starts snapping pictures as Marine and I join hands and the man begins to speak.

"We are gathered here today........."


On January 1st, 2010 at approximately 3p.m. I married the love of my life in a small gazebo off a back road in North Carolina.

That is my secret. 

***Shhh...... don't tell!***



[Scene: A Little White Chapel, Chandler and Monica are entering.]
Chandler: Hello! One marriage please!
Monica: Yep, we wanna get married!
The Attendant: Well, there's a service in progress. Have a seat.

Chandler and Monica: All right.
(They both sit down.)
Chandler: (singing) Dum! Dum-dum-dum! Dum! Dum! Dum! Dum-dum-dum!
Monica: What are you doing?
Chandler: Oh, that's The Wedding March. Does, does that freak you out?
Monica: No, only because that's the graduation song.
~ Friends ~

6 comments:

R said...

I think this is fantastic. You knew, without a doubt, the moment he asked you that you wanted to marry him and spend the rest of your life with him. There was no hesitation, no reason to wait. That's what I want someday. That kind of certain love.

E said...

This makes my heart smile. I am so happy for you two and am excited for your "Big Day"

Mrs. Match said...

Wait what? What? You guys got married the day after he proposed?! So you're already technically married? WOW! That is amazing!!

phoebe said...

i got goosebumps! YOU ARE MARRIED already!?

wow.... talk about a secret! Do all of the parents know?

E said...

I can't believe that not a one of you has shouted "APRIL FOOLS!" lol

E said...

1. I didn't even realize that this was posted on April Fool's. I am always behind in reading blogs.

2. I know lots of people who get legally married for various reasons and keep it quiet and have a wedding later.

Either way, I am happy for you and excited to hear all about the wedding :)