Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding & Bachelor / Bachelorette Party Weekend

Getting ready for bed......

E, "So you gonna get it up with me in the morning to watch the Royal Wedding?"
Marine, "Sure."
E setting the alarm.
Marine "What are you doing?"
E, "Setting the alarm so we can get up and watch the wedding."
Marine, "Oh you were serious?!"


Every little girl at some point or other pretends to be a princess. She dreams of growing up and marrying a Prince, and riding off in a horse drawn carriage to live her life happily ever after inside a magical castle.

Today Kate Middleton got to live that dream.

Image: Britain's Prince William salutes and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, bows her head


Images Take From MSN

Kate was stunningly beautiful. Her dress classic and timeless. 

I would like to tell you that I woke up and watched the wedding. In reality my alarm went off at 4:30, I turned on the TV and fell back asleep. But I had recorded it so when I was getting ready for work I watched a replay plus the live coverage still going on Good Morning America. 

Today Will and Kate got there fairytale wedding and it was lovely.

I wonder though if that was really the wedding they wanted? Or would they have rather had a small ceremony with just close friends and family out on an English hillside?

Interesting thought, huh?

Well my household is in full wedding swing! Marine leaves this afternoon for his bachelor party. They are taking their horses and going riding / camping. The campsite has been set up so that some of his friends who don't ride can still meet them and camp. 

We went grocery shopping last night for the trip and 2 cases of beer, a pack of steaks, and buggy full of  food later I was left to believe there may not be as much riding as there is drinking and eating! ;)

Tonight I plan on frantically finishing up favors, working on programs and on center-pieces........ and oh yeah trying to clean because our first wedding house guest arrives WEDNESDAY!!!!

Have a mentioned we are in the new place? Have I mentioned we still have boxes that have not been unpacked? Have I mentioned there IS STILL a pool table in the middle of our living room that needs to be moved? Yeah, still lots to do!

Then tomorrow is my bachelorette party...... and I have no clue what we are doing! Giggles and Vixen have kept it top secret and all I've been told is to pack 2 bags and to be at Vixen's at 1 p.m. One of the bags is supposed to be work out clothes and high heals........ what kind of combination is that?? I'm scared. I admit. lol



Monica: Who else do you want to invite?
Chandler: Uh, no no no. Just Ross and Joey is embarrassing enough.
Ross: Actually, sorry, I can't even make it. I'm seeing Mona again tonight.
Chandler: I understand. Who'd cancel an actual date just to go to a fake bachelor party?
Joey(On the phone) I'm sorry, I've gotta cancel tonight, baby.

~ Friends ~

3 comments:

phoebe said...

lol. work out clothes and high heels... i know. i know. i know. ;-)

i still can't believe you're getting married in less than 2 weeks!! craaaazy how fast time goes.

that was hilarious about waking up to watch the royal wedding and marine's reaction. i chuckled out loud.

R said...

Work out clothes and heels? I bet I know and if I'm right it's something I do and it's a blast!

Can't believe you're so close. I'm getting excited for you. And I bet you look just as amazing as Kate next weekend.

Mrs. Match said...

I'm intrigued, workout clothes and heels? Sounds fun though! I love that your friends are throwing you a surprise. Marine's bachelor party sounds awesome. I wish Match could have had that, it's exactly what he wanted.

I woke up late and watched the highlights of the wedding. Personally I thought the dress was a little plain, but you're right, it will stand the test of time. Is it just me or did they look so relieved when it was over? I feel bad for both of them in that spotlight, no privacy. I'm so glad my prince isn't literally a prince! :-)