Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Avoidance

It has been a long day! I should have blogged this morning when my mind was sharp and fresh and blog ideas where flowing like a river thru my mind. But the current of life was to fast and I was swept up in work with no time to get out all those creative thoughts. Now I type listless and brain dead and all those topics seem to be floating around in my mind just out of grasp.

So I will devote a moment to People's new Sexiest Man Alive, Hugh Jackman. I remember seeing him for the first time in X-men as Wolverine and thinking he was a cutie. And who wouldn't have fallen in love with him in Kate and Leopold? I have to say I believe he is on my top ten list of favorite actor's.


Now let's see.... oh yes, avoidance. That may be my term of the week. I don't know why, I'm usually a social butterfly, but lately I have become somewhat of a hermit; retreating into my shell not wanting to talk to or see anyone. I love my friends dearly so why am I not returning their calls? I mean I have been busy composing a resume for a new job possibility and taking care of Hyper, but yet...... well...... I guess I don't have anything to say. And for me that is quite shocking! I mean I'm the one who has been told I talk to much. And I feel bad because I love my friends.... I just don't have anything to say. Selfishly I feel like I am on emotional overload and I can't handle their issues as well. I mean let's face it we all have issues in our lives. I'm the one who usually listens to everyones but I don't let it in one ear and out the other I add their burden to the basket on my shoulder and try to ease their troubles. In my current state though I guess I feel like the basket is full and I can't take on any more till I solve the problems that are already within the basket. I felt this way after my dad passed away and maybe it's just the time of year that is causing me to retreat again. The sad part is I don't really know how to explain this to my friends......

"Time. Time, it has been proposed, is the fourth dimension. And yet, for mortal man, time has no dimension at all. We are like horses with blinders, seeing only what lies before us. Forever guessing the future and fabricating the past."
~ Kate & Leopold ~

1 comment:

phoebe said...

i know exactly what you mean. there so many times where i just feel like staying home. not interacting with anyone. we're all entitled to it. don't sweat it :-)