Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Message

Today I worked on unpacking and cleaning! New work schedule I'm off Monday's and Tuesday's.... which sucks but with Hyper home it was nice to spend the day with her. She's like a little kid who's sick and bored to death. And she's aggravated at me because I won't throw the toys for her ~ she can't understand she doesn't need to be running around. But she is glad to be home! And I am glad to have her home as well.

I have mentioned before that I am sentimental which can translate into I keep everything! I think I may be part pack rat... I mean seriously I think I may have every card X has ever given me along with anything that was special at the time. And some of it I'm still not ready to throw away just yet. The fun part about cleaning can be finding memories that have been tucked away. By this I mean pictures. I found so many pictures of Giggles and I from over the years; high school, college, Halloween costumes, sporting events, birthdays ~ the fun times were endless!

Also I stumbled upon an email that I had printed out because it touched me then and rereading it today I was once again touched by the message.


Hello God, I called tonight to talk a little while I need a friend who'll listen to my anxiety and trial. You see, I can't quite make it through a day just on my own... I need your love to guide me, So I'll never feel alone. I want to ask you please to keep my family safe and sound. Come and fill their lives with confidence For whatever fate they're bound. Give me faith, dear God, to face each hour throughout the day, and not to worry over things I can't change in any way. I thank you God for being home and listening to my call, for giving me such good advice when I stumble and I fall.

Your number, God, is the only one that answers every time. I never get a busy signal, never had to pay a dime. So thank you, God, for listening to my troubles and my sorrow. Good night, God, I love you too, and I'll call again tomorrow!

The man whispered, "God, speak to me" and a meadowlark sang. But, the man did not hear. So the man yelled, "God, speak to me" and the thunder rolled across the sky. But, the man did not listen. The man looked around and said, "God let me see you." And a star shined brightly. But the man did not see. And, the man shouted, "God show me a miracle." And, a life was born. But, the man did not notice. So, the man cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and let me know you are here." Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man. But, the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.

I found this to be a great reminder that God is always around us in the little and simple things that we take for granted ... even in our electronic age .. so I would like to add one more: The man cried, "God, I need your help!" And an e-mail arrived reaching out with good news and encouragement. But, the man deleted it and continued crying ... Don't miss out on a blessing because it isn't packaged the way that you expect. My instructions were to send this to people that I wanted God to bless and I picked you.



Makes you stop and think doesn't it? How many times have we asked for signs from God and then perhaps not noticed his response. I'm sure I am guilty of this, for recently I have been asking for God's help a lot. I hope this touches you as it has once again touched me.


(Doorbell rings, Charlie walks down the stairs rubbing his eyes)
"Two o'clock in the morning, this better be God."
~ Charlie Harper, Two and a Half Men ~

No comments: