Monday, November 17, 2008

Hyper Comes Home

I awoke this morning to a bubbly Blondie wanting to know what I wanted for breakfast from Chick-fil-a. Oh how I LOVE Chick-fil-a!!! She was meeting me at the house to help me pack/move and chicken minis were a great way to start off the morning! She knows me way to well. So we arrived at the house and began moving boxes. You really don't realize how much stuff you have until you start moving!! Why is that? For me it's because I tend to live by the philosophy 'out of sight, out of mind'. And in a big house it was easy to put stuff in the guest room closet, or the upstairs loft, or the basement...... the storage places were endless. And yeah I may have went overboard on the after Christmas sales last year...... meaning I may have purchased enough decorations to decorate a small village. In my defense however X and I were to broke before Christmas last year to buy decorations so when things went on sale I purchased stuff to use this year..... which won't happen now...... kinda sad. Oh well not dwelling on that, moving on. Packing. Well I already had a bunch of stuff packed so we mainly loaded the stuff in the car and drove the few miles to mom's to unload. My old room still looks like that of a High School girl.... so some redecorating will have to be done.

In the process of moving I get a call.... Hyper is ready to come home! The moving came to a screeching halt and Blondie and I piled in the 4runner both anxious to see Hyper. We arrive at the Vet's office and I wait patiently, well I tried at least, but after a week I really wanted to see my little terror. Then from the back I could hear her barking as they brought her out. As she catches sight of me her whole body (all 7 pounds or so) starts to wiggle in excitement. I am greeted with puppy kisses and I hold her tight so happy (and relieved) to see her. Her back leg is in a cast and bless her heart she looks so cute hopping around. We arrive home and she is ecstatic, grabbing her toys and bones not knowing which to play with first. I was told to keep her movement to a minimum.... hello have you seen a Jack Russell...... yeah near impossible!! So I quickly place her in her bed, with her favorite fleece blanket, and surround her with her toys. This seems to please her and she is content to lay in her bed taking turns sniffing and biting on her toys. I have a feeling for the next few months she is going to be even more of a diva and high maintance than she usually is..... but thats ok by me, I'm glad to have my little terror home!!

(To the dog, in a baby voice)
"You are just so cute. I wish I could stay here and play with you all day but I have to go to work. I hope I stop talking like this before my big marketing meeting, yes I do."
~ Rachel, Friends ~

5 comments:

phoebe said...

awwww yay (huge sigh of relief!). i'm so glad that hyper is finally home... when you were describing her reaction to seeing you and being home, it was my dog (also a jack) to a tee! don't you just love them.

Joe said...

YAY Hyper is HOME!!! Jack Russell's are hyper and like to move. My friend has a Jack Russell Pug mix and he is off the hook. They can jump high too and they have so much energy. I don't know how you all manage lol.

phoebe said...

i think i have the anti jack, jack. she has her 30 seconds of hyperness when i get home from work, but other than that, she is so uber chill and would much rather snuggle ON my lap. haha.

E said...

One reason I got Hyper was because when I moved out of my parent's I had 2 jack's and I was going to take the boy with me.... well mom wouldn't let him go! lol So I got Hyper and yes she is def more hyper than any others I have ever had :)

E said...

One reason I got Hyper was because when I moved out of my parent's I had 2 jack's and I was going to take the boy with me.... well mom wouldn't let him go! lol So I got Hyper and yes she is def more hyper than any others I have ever had :)